Our Victorian box design is slightly larger than most at 5¼" square when closed by 5¾" tall.
Sometimes called an exploding box, not only do the four outer walls fall open once the lid is removed, the inner four walls also collapse.
With this kit we also supply a lightweight batting which should be used on the outer four panels which nicely softens the feel when handling the box.
Included in each kit:
- Die-cut cardboard shapes used to form the box
- Pattern for cutting your materials to the perfect size
- Wadding for the inside of the panels and the lid
- Lightweight batting for the outer panels
- The instruction manual will be emailed when each kit is despatched.
Each kit requires:
Half a metre of fabric of both the outer and inner fabric; half a metre of ribbon/lace and narrow elastic.
For the the most successful result we recommend that 100% cotton fabric is used
Also needed is PVA glue and a spreader or brush, together with a good sewing needle and matching thread.
Note: If you are using a larger pattern design for the outer surfaces and are pattern matching please allow additional fabric.